Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Easy Holder for your favorite photos...Guest post by Danni from Silo Hill Farm

Thank you so much Danni!!  This is gorgeous and I think it would be the perfect present for somebody who works in an office and likes to display favorite photos, or as a cute display on a mantle or hutch.

Everybody, definitely check out Danni's blog over at Silo Hill Farm you won't regret it, she's amazing!

Thanks for reading!

Hello fans of The Beating Hearth!  I'm Danni from Silo Hill Farm and I'm excited to be doing a guest post for my good friend Heather today!
 I wanted to share with you how easy it is to make this cute little wire photo holder.
Let me tell you about the supplies I used.
Bent nosed pliers, Wire Cutters, Beads, Thin Wire, Base, Wire Photo Holder, Small Charm
(Not Pictured...sm. amount of clay, single hole button)
The base that I used is actually a taper candle holder that I picked up on a clearance shelf.  A pack of 2 was $1.99.  You could use just about anything that will hold a wire though. (I considered an empty  thread spool.)
The wire photo holder came from a thrift store.  There were like 12 of them stuck in some kind of heavy base.  I clipped them off to use individually.  I see them at all most every thrift store I've ever been in, in some form or another.
I'm not a jewelry maker by any means, but I have learned a few things.  I cut a piece of wire and made a wrapped loop in one end.
Then I opened the jump ring on the charm I wanted to use and closed it back around the loop I had just made.
Add the beads on to the open end of the wire and then make another wrapped loop around the end, fastening it on to the wire photo holder.
 To make the wire stand up in the candle holder, I made a little ball of clay and pressed it down into the opening where the candle goes...
.....then, I covered it up with a single hole button!
I just stuck the wire down in and the clay held it upright just fine.  Now all I needed was a cute picture to put in it and I was done!
 I did this as a Christmas project, but you could use any beads and charm and make it into something else.....
How about this one with pearls and a "love" charm as a wedding or anniversary gift?
 
Thank you so much Danni!! This is gorgeous and I think it would be the perfect present for somebody who works in an office and likes to display favorite photos, or as a cute display on a mantle or hutch.

Everybody, definitely check out Danni's blog over at Silo Hill Farm you won't regret it, she's amazing!

Thanks for reading!

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Danni is amazing and I love this! She should sell these they're very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigosh these are so adorable!!! Danni you are so creative, I love the embellishments xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...