Friday, April 12, 2013

Happy Nat'l Grilled Cheese Day

Today is National Grilled Cheese Day.  I don't really need an excuse to eat a grilled cheese sandwich, but if I did, I guess this is as good a reason as any!  Grilled cheese has everything going for it.  Golden, buttery bread.  Ooey, gooey, cheesy goodness and the  vinegar-y bite of dill pickle slices...if you go for pickles on your grilled cheese...which I do!!

grilled cheese using mayo
This post is actually a repeat from one I did several months ago, and instead of using butter on the outside of the bread, I used mayo.  It is a strategy to use if you commonly burn your grilled cheese sandwich.  The mayo has a higher burn point than butter.  So, use this technique if you're prone to burn your sandwiches.  If you can manage without burning them, I'd say use butter.  I prefer the flavor.

There you go.  The perfect supper...some soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Happy Grilled Cheese Day!



Heather

2 comments:

  1. Yum yum and yum. Im having a toasted cheese right now while Im reading this xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew sister.. OMGOODNESS Grilled cheese day .. Making me HUNGRY lol. I Love that better than a sub sandwich .. HUGs and have a blessed day my sweet friend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Love ya! XOXOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...